A local and well-established logistics company has several openings for talented individuals. This is a fast-paced, full-time position that will require multi-tasking and excellent communication skills. Duties for the position will include:
- Freight Covered Every Day (Exceed customer on-time pick-up and delivery expectations; proactive analysis to prevent service failures)
- Customer Relationship (Consistent and professional communications; effective, prompt and courteous communications with respect to difficult situations, relaying service failures, etc.)
- Carrier Relationship (Productive carrier relationship development, AP Discrepancy resolution, cover loads, handling and management of difficult situations, etc.)
- Financial Procedures and Operating Metrics (Detention management, research/resolving invoice discrepancies, benchmark rate achievement, automation objectives, expedite decisions and cost, etc.)
- Ensure automated routing guide assignment/tender is accepted in Standard Routing Guide (SRG).
- Scheduling/Schedule appointments with shipper and/or receiver, update the TMS as needed and communicate with Logistics Coordinator
- Monitor shipments and revise when necessary based on changing shipper, customer, and carrier needs.
- Review and correct EDI 214 errors
- Contact carrier to obtain status of load-tendered; continue monitoring the shipment for on-time pick-up, transit, delivered, empty
- Update load status in system, e.g. loaded, pick-up, delivery, empty, etc Proactively notify Shipper and/or Receiver of Load Status and reschedule pick-up/delivery appointments when necessary
- Correspond with customer and carrier regarding detention and other accessorial information
- Utilize TMS to actively manage on-time performance and automation objectives
- Identify and update status on which Carrier missed pick-up or delivery; provide sufficient comments for communication to customer
Do you know someone matching these skill sets? Refer them today and you both will get $50 with 1st Employment Rewards!
Apply in person at our Professional Placement Division: