Local mechanical contracting company seeking a TIG Welder
This job has been classified by our client as Safety Sensitive according to state law guidelines and drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluation may be required as a condition of employment.
Pay: $17-28 DOE
A Shift – Tuesday- Friday 6am-5pm
B Shift – Saturday-Monday 6am-6pm
Job Overview: Pipe welders are responsible for assembling and welding metal parts for projects. A Pipe Welder will be responsible for performing a variety of duties including welding stainless steel piping by following isometric drawings and prints.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Use TIG Process to weld stainless steel piping for process utility piping in food processing plants
• Socket weld 2’’ and smaller, Butt weld 2.5’’ and larger, Food grade sanitary piping (purge welding) varies sizes
• Perform installation of all components of piping systems
• Follow Isometric drawings and prints
• Ensure compliance with established health/safety policies and regulations
• Maintain good working knowledge of the welding characteristics of metals such as stainless steel
• Operate power and hand tools
• Perform a variety of duties which may change often
• Use logical step-by-step procedures in work
• Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
• Oversee the training and mentoring of new and trainee TIG welders
• Take ownership of company forklift, scissor lifts, and heavy equipment assigned to cells
• The Pipe Fitter role requires certain tools. Many of the tools are company investments and some of the tools are team member investments.
o Team Member Investment: 25’ Tape Measure, Pen / Pencil / Sharpe, Pocket Notebook, Torpedo Level, 2’ Level, Plumb Bob, 12” Square, 2’ Square, Speed Square Tri Square, Ball Pein Hammer, Channel Locks, Assortment of Screw Drivers, End wrench set 3/8” – 1 1/8” , Adjustable Wrench 8” – 10” – 12” , Wrap Around, Allen Wrench Set, 110v 3 Way for Power Cord, Pipe Wrench Assortment 14” 18” 24”, Rod Bucket, Flash Light, Tig Torch Rig (welders only), Pad Lock for Gang Box, 4’ Level, Tungsten Holder, Angle Finder, (2) Vise Grip C-clamps
Valid DL License
Must be 21+ for insurance purposes
Steel toed boots required
Candidates must pass a drug screen and national criminal background check.
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!