Sr. Project Engineer
he Sr Project Engineer leverages prior experience on multiple large- scale initiatives to execute highly complex capital projects within a specific platform or manufacturing site. This are often focused on projects related to either our building infrastructure or equipment. The engineer leads the development of fully executable projects, provides project management services and acts as technical resource from the conceptual phase though execution and commissioning. This role will align internal & external teams in supporting the Businesses annual capital plan. Responsibilities for the position will include but may not be limited to:
- Provides project management services for assigned engineering projects.
- Develops overall project design including line specification project budgets, schedules and prepares project justification and develops capital requests including cash-flow forecast.
- Coordinates external engineering services and partners with internal team as needed for successful project completion.
- Provides specifications bid preparation and bid solicitation to secure best pricing. Identifies and manages the capital and related expenses, optimum layout, equipment selection and timeline.
- Provides Global Supply Chain (GSC) feasibility perspectives for growth, productivity and infrastructure.
- Manages communications and project governance within GSC key stakeholders.
- Fulfills requirements for the Design phase (e.g. Risk analysis, design, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) Sanitary design Safety analysis); Implementation phase (e.g. Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) Site Acceptance Test (SAT)); and Start-up (e.g. Commissioning Qualification and Verification (CQV) planning Vertical Start-up (VSU) assessments) and successful handover to the plant.
- Assists the corporate engineering team in the management of major cross- functional corporate capital projects.
- Provides technical expertise to support the manufacturing operations.
- Stays current with industry technologies and processes to provide best available technology solutions.
- Applies technical knowledge and leadership to solve problems and drive improvements on processing systems.
- Partners with R&D Quality Operations and Engineering/Maintenance on cost optimized solutions to drive to Zero Loss.
- Collaborates with R&D and business teams on tests trials and new products.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
- The desire to make a meaningful difference
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering (ABET accredited program preferred).
- Years of Related Experience: 7+ years with successful project management leadership on multi-unit operation projects
- Strong problem-solving decision making and trouble-shooting skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Full understanding of drawing/drifting practices with ability to use CAD
- Strong knowledge of engineering standards of design construction and installation;
- Advanced knowledge of processing packaging & facility systems along with working knowledge of food manufacturing engineering quality and research functions;
- Strong understanding of environmental human and food safety (EHS) systems;
- Working knowledge of USDA FDA OSHA EPA City and/or State agencies etc. for both manufacturing processes and building requirements;
- Ability to work with and influence diverse groups at various levels and across functions; Ability to train maintenance and production personnel as well as plan and execute work with maintenance and vendors.
- Knowledge of Lean Six-Sigma concepts is preferred. Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time as required (dependent on location).