Sr. Human Resource Generalist
A local company that specializes in construction tool manufacturing is seeking an energetic, high performing, dynamic Sr. HR Generalist to join their team! The best person for the position will have a strong human resources related background overall and the ability to execute HR policies and procedures. You must be flexible and adaptable, you must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and you must possess strong decision making and problem solving skills. As the Senior HR Generalist on the HR team, you would be responsible for the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department for assigned areas. Responsibilities to include talent acquisition, internal job movement, performance management, talent development, employee relations and engagement, benefits, and leave, and interpreting and/or enforcing company policies and procedures.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
• Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
• Facilitate pre-employment screenings and conduct orientations for new hires; is responsible for successful onboarding and training of new employees.
• Benefit plan administration, including health and dental insurance, 401k plans, and paid time off.
• Administer leaves of absences including FMLA management programs and workers compensation claims in accordance with state and federal laws.
• Assist and support the weekly payroll processing including the approval of time records of employees within assigned areas.
• Respond to general questions and inquiries from employees in all areas of human resources.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; conflicts and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Acts with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality at all times.
• Acts as a mentor for less experienced team members providing consultation and guidance where appropriate. Helps with fellow team member development.
• Responsible for the Arkansas Internship Program to include understanding internship needs, determines recruitment strategies, develops relationships with university career centers and colleges to facilitate active presence, recruits and interviews interns with hiring managers and helps with selection, onboards, and coordinates intern activities such as Intern Day.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, required.
• At least 5+ years/ of HR Generalist experience or equivalent combination of education/experience, strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws, required.
• Experience in administering FMLA and Workers Compensation, required.
• Basic benefits administration knowledge, preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software; previous experience with HRIS, required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills, required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to prioritize tasks.
5 W Mountain Street
Fayetteville, AR 72701
**Application Online Only**
1st Employment is an
Equal Opportunity Employer