As Safety manager you will be responsible for the safety of the entire facility, develop site specific safety training, maintaining accurate records, preform safety audits
- Evaluate, assess and design safety procedures and policies for the benefit of employees and the company.
- Research and Implement materials handling processes.
- Prepare and conduct safety training sessions for employees and vendors.
- Analyze accident reports. Keep necessary records.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards. (Including OHSA, EPA, etc.)
- Research environmental regulations and policies and institute changes to ensure compliance.
- Track incident metrics and apply findings.
- Oversee the applications for and receipt of necessary permits.
- Lead safety team including safety audits and safety education.
- Preform fork lift and scissor lift training as needed. Ensure all licenses are current.
- Lead Injury and incident inquiries and evaluations.
Day to Day Activities:
- Willing to work a flexible schedule consisting of 45 hours a week.
- Must spend a minimum of 50% of your time in the plant.
- Reports to the General manager.
- Represent the company at area safety events and meetings.