1st Employment’s Professional Placement Division is searching for a Refrigeration Mechanic for a local company in Stilwell.
Refrigeration Mechanic – Stillwell, OK
Pay Depends on Experience
This position, under general supervision, is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance of all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and assisting advanced level maintenance position in keeping all equipment and facility in good repair to ensure continuous and effective operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This job may participate in one or more of the following duties as directed by supervision or management.
- Inspects air-conditioning, dehumidifiers, compressors, evaporators, safety pop-off valves, filters and Freon refrigeration units daily for proper lubrications, coolant and oil level, proper air flow, and proper defrost cycles.
- Repairs malfunctions and does complete overhauls as needed.
- Maintains and checks boilers for proper operation and proper water treatment levels.
- Cleans evaporators and condensers to ensure free exchange of air-flow and inspects REM evaporative coils daily for correct operation of fans and glycol pumps.
- Installs and replaces motors, pumps, switches, safety controls, solenoids, and fuses at all refrigeration areas.
- Repairs and replaces improper fittings and broken refrigeration pipes.
- Assists in the ordering of refrigeration parts and keeps all written refrigeration records up-to-date.
- Performs setup and tear down of equipment and may assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and stationary equipment, fabrication of parts, and installation of new plant equipment
- Performs more advanced refrigeration duties including but not limited to isolating ammonia lines and ammonia systems, replacing valves and ammonia pumps, resetting and restarting compressors, checking tension on spiral freezer belting, adding and removing modular freezer belting, calibrating temperature probes and calibrating CO2 monitors.
- Maintains tools, equipment and supplies to ensure an orderly work area according to policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Participates in and successfully completes training directed at increasing job-related trade skills as mandated by management/supervisor.
- Participates in Hazmat specialized training and assists with Hazmat team execution.
- Helps with the training of maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced.
- Assists with fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging.
- Performs all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures and in a safe manner according to State, Federal and company regulations.
- Keeps all areas clean, neat, orderly, and ensures areas are returned to their safe condition according to policy and procedure.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred.
Years of Related Experience
1-3 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of refrigeration maintenance, boilers, and ammonia compressors; HAZMAT
Do you know someone matching these skill sets? Refer them today!