This role will provide quality leadership and direction for the brand and product line. The Quality Manager will partner with leadership to develop quality goals, measure critical metrics, and drive quality improvements. They will train others in quality improvement, waste reduction tools and drive positive change.
Essential Job Results:
- Establish quality goals and objectives by measuring and analyzing the performance of departmental and company quality metrics.
- Work with employees and management to implement quality improvement activities.
- Improve production quality by auditing and inspecting parts and processes to identify improvement opportunities; Investigate and take corrective action on the opportunities to resolve quality issues. See through to resolution.
- Conduct root cause analysis and document findings.
- Establish, lead and contribute to “improvement teams” to identify opportunities, brainstorm, and implement solutions.
- Establish customer satisfaction measurements and use these measurements to implement customer satisfaction improvement.
- Effectively and regularly communicate with both internal and external customers regarding quality goals, standards and improvements.
- Maintain ISO 9001 registration by ensuring all elements of the ISO 9001 standards are managed, maintained and improved under our quality/environmental management system; Serves as management representative for ISO registrations.
- Ensure effectiveness of internal quality and EHS audits by assuming the position of lead internal auditor. This position requires the auditor to develop yearly audit schedules, monitor and assist internal auditors with audits, ensure audits are complete and effective to requirements, follow-up on corrective actions, perform internal audits, and revise the audit schedule according to audit results and business needs.
- Oversee the brand’s 5S program by monitoring 5S through auditing, communication of results and driving improvements post-audit.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Ensure products conform to specifications by directing and/or performing “receiving inspection” and “first article inspection.” Test, analyze and correct non-conforming and returned materials.
- Maintain Quality Assurance equipment by assisting in the review of statistical process control data and charts; tracking, calibrating, and maintaining inspection tools and equipment according to operator instructions; organizing lab and hold areas; and handling daily production quality issues as they arise. Will be responsible for performing, salt spray and QUV testing and communications per appropriate ASTM standards for Monett and other locations.
- Recruit, train and lead “Quality Team Members.” Ensure team produces results aligned with company and department goals. Council, coach, discipline and appraise direct reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance.
- Must be familiar and drive adherence to ISO 9001 standard.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to operate quality gauges and tools.
- Must possess strong coaching and facilitating skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including teaching others.
- Must have strong organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of quality management system principles.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines.
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Professional Division