Quality Assurance Technician
JOB SUMMARY: Performs routine chemical and microbiological analysis of raw materials and finished goods. Responsible for conforming to client food safety and quality standards. Adheres to Good Laboratory Practices at all times.
Duties for the position will include but may not be limited to:
- Prepares the laboratory for daily analysis and maintains the lab throughout the day.
- Logs in samples for testing.
- Performs daily calibration of equipment and temperature checks.
- Logs in receipt and tracks proper storage and expiration dates of reagents, media, and chemicals.
- Performs routine analysis of the following:
- Microbiological (APC, Coliform, E. coli Petrifilm usage)
- Drain Weight
- Media preparation
- Biohazard waste disposal
- Participates in proficiency testing as required to ensure reliability of performance.
- Maintains databases and reports results on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and alerts management to over tolerant results.
- Participates in all safety, HACCP, QA, and other training and programs as required.
- Cleans, calibrates and issues thermometer for production usage following the approved HACCP program.
- Performs testing of formal hold product.
- Collects water samples for testing.
- Assists in inventorying of laboratory supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Professional Division