Quality Assurance Lab Technician
The QA Lab Technician will support the safe production of high quality, safe food products by strict adherence and enforcement of quality and food safety policies and procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with approval/rejection of incoming shipments. This will involve trailer or seal inspections, sensory evaluations, bulk ingredient testing and document preparation.
- Complete and record analytical in process and finished product testing.
- Perform pre-operational verification. Recognize and identify inspection errors. Work with production team and supervision to ensure issues are corrected prior to production starting.
- Provide production lines with QA support by performing time and temperature, label placement, cap torque, seal and fill levels checks.
- Perform packaging, coding and date verifications.
- Fill out all paperwork in a clear, legible and accurate format, and complete all required information.
- Stop the production line if there are conditions that may lead to a quality or food safety incident.
- Assist in training production personnel to ensure they are adequately trained to perform their job and know the impact they have on quality and food safety of the product.
- Perform post-operational verification. Provide guidance, when necessary, to ensure that the plant stays audit ready.
- Collect and store daily retention samples.
- Review Finished Product Testing results and production paperwork for release and communicate approval/rejection to plant.
- Prepare samples for outside testing laboratories. Record and communicate results when received.
- Assist with audits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A college degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, Food Safety required and experience in a food manufacturing facility is strongly preferred.
- Must possess the ability to work within a team environment and work independently performing detailed tasks with instructions; be detail oriented.
- Must be able to manage work flow under limited supervision in a manufacturing setting.
- Must possess basic math skills to perform simple calculations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook applications is required.
- Knowledge of Good Lab Practices is preferred.
- Ability to learn new concepts and apply learning effectively.
- Ability to organize and prioritize actions to help meet plant objectives and long-term vision.
- Must be able to work around food allergens.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to walk, kneel and bend.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and weekends.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).