The Purchasing Coordinator buys raw materials and other supplies on behalf of the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Research pricing trends.
- Review purchase orders and negotiate pricing with suppliers to minimize costs.
- Responsible for reviewing vendor quotes for proper lead time, pricing, delivery and freight costs.
- Review purchase orders for proper cost center, account code and approval signatures.
- Maintain/establish buyer/vendor relations with all suppliers.
- Maintain purchasing reports.
- Liaison with shipping & receiving, and storage facilities, 3rd party logistics company and delivery companies for domestic and international shipments; resolve freight claims, in coordination with Project Managers.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, timelines and deadlines.
Required Education, Experience or Skill
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, accuracy and prioritizing.
- 1-3 years of experience