Plans, directs, coordinates and controls engineering projects that develop or enhance capacity, productivity and technology enhancing manufacturing, packaging and distribution. Manages multiple projects.
- Develops engineering applications that enhance capacity, productivity and technology for manufacturing, packaging, and distribution.
- Develops RFPs, bid analyses, and leads contract negotiations.
- Locates, evaluates and recommends outsourced engineering services.
- Oversees general contractors and field installation of building construction and processing systems – including preparing reports on field work, initiation of any required change orders, start-up and commissioning.
- Works with equipment vendors to obtain competitive proposals that provide required equipment for projects. Prepares purchase requisitions and project-related invoices for payment. Schedule equipment deliveries, services, or trades.
- Develops and manages projects of different scale. Develops scope of work, preliminary budgets, detailed cost estimates, equipment specifications, drawings and sketches, bid documents, tabulation of vendor proposals and schedules for management and NWF client approval. Maintains documentation on department server.
- Protects company assets, confidential information, and intellectual property.
- Ensures compliance of equipment, construction, and safety standards with governing agencies such as FDA, AIB, BRC, etc.
- Works cross-functionally with Finance, Operations, R&D, MIS and other departments as required.
- Performs other duties or special projects as needed.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- BS Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years Engineering experience and/or project management.
- CAD experience.
- Knowledge of process and electrical controls. Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Effective communication, organization, and project management skill