Provides leadership and support to assigned manufacturing associates within division. Creates team goals and action plans with team members, then implements plans and coordinates team activities to achieve goals. Ensures a consistent, high quality product is produced, which meets customer requirements and exceeds customer expectations. Trains and coaches team members to perform their job duties in a safe and efficient manner. Confirms all employees are complying with Hanna’s and OSHA safety requirements. Follows and verifies Hanna’s quality system is being implemented during the manufacturing process. Plans material requirements and team manufacturing schedules, and maintains production records. Effectively communicates with team members who participate in the manufacturing process.
Schedule: 1st Shift starting @ 6am Monday-Thursday (10 -12 hour days); OT on Fridays & Saturdays is frequent and will be required as needed
This job has been classified by our client as Safety Sensitive according to state law guidelines and drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluation may be required as a condition of employment
- Two years of manufacturing experience required. A thorough knowledge of Hanna’s manufacturing operations, tools and techniques. Ability and desire to lead a manufacturing team towards its goals while maintaining a high level of performance.
- Ability to use and operate all tools and equipment used in Hanna’s manufacturing processes, including common hand tools, forklift truck, and common office equipment, computer, copier, telephone, voice mail, and email.
- Must be able to walk, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- A commitment to quality, customer satisfaction, safety, continuous improvement, team development, workplace cleanliness, positive attitude, high productivity and enhanced profitability.
- Must have motor vehicle driver’s license and be able to obtain a Hanna’s forklift certification.
- Must be able to see, speak, hear, read and write sufficiently for effective communications to perform the essential functions of the job. Must be able to receive and accurately understand detailed information and implement action plans.
- Follows and understands written procedures
- Ability to identify visual variances from product standard
- Assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Follow all required work safe practices
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to maintain records
- Able to document paperwork correctly and accurately
- Participate and cooperate with fellow co-workers to improve the overall quality
- Ability to keep a clean work environment
- Able to read and use simple weights and measurements
- Use basic computer programs
- Ability to supervisor multiple employees
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and support to manufacturing team and its members, facilitating their successes.
- Creates specific team goals and action plans with team members, which support divisional profitability goals. Plans, coordinates and assists team activities and implements action plans to achieve team goals.
- Thoroughly knows all team job duties and tasks and trains and coaches team members to perform their job duties in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Trains, coaches and confirms with team members that all Hanna and OSHA safety rules are practiced at all times. Accurately documents all reportable injuries, performs root cause analysis for prevention.
- Train team members and ensures that Hanna’s Quality System is implemented in all manufacturing processes at all times.
- Plans & submits requisitions for materials that assists in creating team production schedules, and maintains production records.
- Strives to prevent rework and scrap, increase machine utilization & efficiencies, enhance cost savings, ensure worksite safety & cleanliness, provide total customer satisfaction, and meet profit goals.
- Learns all emergency procedures, including fire, weather, first aid, fire extinguisher operations, building evacuation, machine and gas shutdowns, and emergency medical treatment of job related injuries.
- Provides team members a thorough HR / QS performance review and planning session, coaches them on strengths and area of improvement, help them decide, plan and implement self-improvement goals.
- Advises Production Manager and or HR Manager of necessary disciplinary actions within the team. Assists with implementing discipline, and documents and maintains discipline, and documents and maintains disciplinary action records.
- Promotes a positive attitude, cooperative, trust, and mutual respect among all manufacturing Associates.
- Maintains high level of accurate communications within team and with all other Associates who support and/or participate in the manufacturing process.
- Facilitates team problem solving through root cause analysis and takes corrective/preventative actions.
Do you know someone matching these skill sets? Refer them today and you both will get $50 with 1st Employment Rewards!
Apply in person at our Fayetteville office: