Job Title: Press Brake Operator
Pay Rate: $15- $19
Temp To Perm
Job City: Siloam Springs, Ar
This job has been classified by our client as Safety Sensitive according to state law guidelines and drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluation may be required as a condition of employment.
Tends fabricating machines such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, spinning machines, and punch; that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
- Examine completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
- Load workpieces, materials, or chemical solutions into machines.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, weld, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or other material.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Scribe reference lines on workpieces as guides for cutting operations, according to blueprints, templates, sample parts, or specifications.
- Set blade tensions, heights, and angles to perform prescribed cuts, using wrenches.
- Adjust ram strokes of presses to specified lengths, using hand tools.
- Place workpieces on cutting tables, manually or using hoists, cranes, or sledges.
- Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpieces, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Lubricate workpieces with oil.
- Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools.
- Mark identifying data on workpieces.
- Turn controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates, or table angles for specified operations.
- Plan sequences of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of workpiece materials.
- Hand-form, cut, or finish workpieces, using tools such as table saws, hand sledges, or anvils.
- Grind out burrs or sharp edges, using portable grinders, speed lathes, or polishing jacks.
- Sharpen dulled blades, using bench grinders, abrasive wheels, or lathes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Siloam Springs