CNC Press Brake Operator
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Pay: Starting at $17/hour
Reports to: Leader of Cutting and Forming
As a CNC Press Brake Operator, you will be responsible for bending and forming materials on the press brake to meet customer quality requirements. You will perform at the highest level and have a continuous improvement cultured mindset. The position requires an individual who can maintain an immaculate level of cleanliness and organization, perform quality checks on parts, and program the machine for all parts not in the prima system.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area, including cleaning equipment daily, placing trash in the blue trash bin, sweeping the floor daily, and wiping down all equipment twice weekly.
- Perform quality checks on parts to ensure they meet customer quality requirements and have no scratches.
- Program the machine for all parts not in the prima system and look up part numbers for prints and ERP tracking.
- Operate the press brake machine to bend and form materials according to print specs.
- Organize and inventory parts with the rest of the job on the cart and place drops where raw materials tech can retrieve and place back into inventory.
- Take ownership of the machine, set up, initialize, and start the press brake, and receive parts from the laser.
- Remove parts from the skeleton, deburr, and place scrap skeletons onto a scrap pallet located in its home position.
- Maintain the consumable cabinet, keeping it neat, tidy, organized, stocked, and documented accurately.
- Maintain an ultra-low percentage of mistakes and log, track, and scorecard work on the 150, 200, and 250 brake.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience operating a press brake machine.
- Ability to read and interpret prints and ERP tracking.
- Ability to perform quality checks on parts and maintain an ultra-low percentage of mistakes.
- Knowledge of programming the machine for all parts not in the prima system.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet production deadlines.
- Continuous improvement culture mindset.