The Plant Controller is primarily responsible for working closely with the Director of Plant Operations to ensure operating efficiency and achievement of key performance indicators which drive plant performance and profitability. This role is a key business partner to our Director of Plant Operations and, as such, broad business acumen and operational experience is required. This individual is also responsible for the accuracy of the manufacturing facility’s financial statements and preparation of related reporting.
- Forecast manufacturing facility financial results monthly
- Lead annual budgeting process and related ongoing variance analysis
- Design and implement KPI dashboards; perform monthly variance analysis
- Prepare and lead monthly presentations of financial results to Corporate Management
- Prepare ROI analyses associated with material capital spending requests
- Design and implement internal controls and procedures related to inventory management and operational activities. Oversee and maintain the cycle counting program
- Work with plant leadership team to identify and drive opportunities that will fuel plant growth, efficiency, and profitability
- Work with managers in understanding, interpreting, and optimizing departmental P&Ls
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Lead corporate financial audits at the site level
- Lead end of year inventory and external auditor engagements
- Lead tax abatement efforts for capital projects
- Track and maintain tax deductible plant activities, for example R&D and plant trial activities.
- Interpret contracts and terms and conditions to reduce exposure and risk for Wellness Pet
- Live the Wellness Pet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us
- Other duties as assigned
- Completes safety system documentation and verifies compliance to program standards. Reports deviations to Supervisor.
- Participates in mandatory safety trainings and adheres to all safety policies
- Required to report all safety issues, near misses, and injuries
The Plant Controller will hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and have experience in a manufacturing environment and cost accounting. Ideally, this individual will have had 10 years of progressive experience with costing, general ledger and operational analyses.