Local mechanical contracting company seeking Pipe Fitter
This job has been classified by our client as Safety Sensitive according to state law guidelines and drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluation may be required as a condition of employment.
Pay: $17-28 – Depending On Experience
A Shift – Tuesday- Friday 6am-5pm
B Shift – Saturday-Monday 6am-6pm
Job Overview: A pipefitter is responsible for cutting, assembling, and installing pipe work. The duties of a pipe fitter will be anything from reading blueprints, setting specifications, lay out plans for installation and prepare pipes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
• Proficient in pulling measurements and making takeoffs.
• Prefab piping for faster install times
• Follow and make Isometric drawings
• Cut, and thread pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders
• Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications
• Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipelines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods
• Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
• Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications
• Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools
• Take ownership of company forklift, scissor lifts, and heavy equipment assigned to cells
• All welders welding on a customer product must be qualified and internally certified
o Purge weld .065 304SS sanitary procedure
o Tig weld sch 10 2” 304SS pipe 6G procedure
o Tig weld sch 80 2” A106 seamless pipe 6G procedure
o Stick weld sch 40 6’ A106 seamless pipe 6G procedure
• The Pipe Fitter role requires certain tools. Many of the tools are company investments and some of the tools are team member investments.
o Team Member Investment: 25’ Tape Measure, Pen / Pencil / Sharpe, Pocket Notebook, Torpedo Level, 2’ Level, Plumb Bob, 12” Square, 2’ Square, Speed Square Tri Square, Ball Pein Hammer, Channel Locks, Assortment of Screw Drivers, End wrench set 3/8” – 1 1/8” , Adjustable Wrench 8” – 10” – 12” , Wrap Around, Allen Wrench Set, 110v 3 Way for Power Cord, Pipe Wrench Assortment 14” 18” 24”, Rod Bucket, Flash Light, Tig Torch Rig (welders only), Pad Lock for Gang Box, 4’ Level, Tungsten Holder, Angle Finder, (2) Vise Grip C-clamps
Valid DL License
Must be 21+ for insurance purposes
Steel toed boots required
Candidates must pass a drug screen and national criminal background check.
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!