Job Overview: We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented pipe fitter to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for reading blueprints, setting specifications, laying out plans for installation, and preparing pipes. As a pipe fitter, you will cut, assemble, and install pipe work according to the project’s specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interpret blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials.
- Be proficient in pulling measurements and making takeoffs.
- Prefabricate piping for faster installation times.
- Follow and make isometric drawings.
- Cut, and thread pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment according to specifications.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipelines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Lay out full-scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Perform welding procedures as required by the project, including inter-company welding procedures, purge welding, TIG welding, and stick welding.
- Maintain an ultra-low percentage of mistakes for all pipe fitting activities.
- Safely operate and maintain rental reach forklifts, scissor lifts, and other heavy construction-related equipment.
- Complete operator training, including forklift license required prior to use, and training to use extendable booms safely.
- Perform forklift capacity and weight multiplication calculations.
- Be able to operate fork sliding and rigging equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience as a pipe fitter or in a related field.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and building specifications.
- Strong knowledge of pipe fitting tools and equipment.
- Excellent welding skills.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other heavy equipment safely.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work in a physically demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Availability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
If you meet the above qualifications and are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team, please submit your application.