Patient Services Coordinator
The patient services coordinator is responsible for processing and managing information of patient records during referral intake and registration phase of patient care. Ensure quality and timely entry of information, with specific tasks of insurance verification, coordination of patient paperwork and collection of copays.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills. This position is the first person a patient sees when they enter our clinics. Treating our patients like family is what drives our organization. The ideal candidate should also have outstanding attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Entering data into the patient medical record in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that any changes in patient information are entered timely and accurately into the patient medical record.
- Generate and process patient documentation in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure the accuracy and completion of patient the patient medical record (i.e. demographics, insurance information, prescriptions, etc.).
- Communicate with referral sources to obtain prescriptions as required.
- Answer clinic phones and direct calls to staff as needed.
- Provide communication with insurance payer sources for verification of patient care authorization in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain professional relationships with insurance payer sources and referral sources.
- Schedule initial evaluation and follow-up appointments for patients.
- Coordinate practitioner schedules to meet patient needs.
- Complete service estimates in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collect co-pay amounts from patients as applicable per payor source.
- Initiate the development of patient payment plans / financial counseling support as needed.
- Generate the weekly billing and no-call / no-show reports for discussion at weekly WIP meetings.
- Demonstrate autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Processes tasks as assigned according to intake policies and direction of Financial/Office Oversight Coordinator
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient and organization information at all times.