1st Employment in Springdale is seeking a part time Apartment Maintenance Technician.
Temp to Hire
This job has been classified by our client as Safety Sensitive according to state law guidelines and drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluation may be required as a condition of employment.
Schedule: Monday & Wednesday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-12pm with 1 hour Lunch
- Complete Maintenance Requests when Manager has not received information and completed.
- Assist in maintaining a monthly inventory. Painting and Cleaning
- Resident Manager is responsible for organizing the making ready of all apartments for occupancy within a three (3) day turnaround.
- Assist in making sure cleaning supplies are available.
- Work with Manager on Inspection of unit to determine maintenance and painting required to bring unit to rental condition.
- Painting will be done in the most cost-effective way.
- Manager is responsible for touch-ups and complete paints.
- Follow-up with final inspection of sub-contractors work if Manager is not doing it.
- Inspect and approve work performed from carpet cleaning company.
- Monitor and advise Manager of electric disconnect in warmer weather or adjust heat in colder weather.
- Manager and/or Maintenance Personnel will check vacant apartments for vandalism, cleanliness and maintenance problems twice a week (more often in cold weather). Will freshen up if required. Rent Up & Vacancies
- Be willing show vacant apartments at all times (in Managers absence).
- Hand out Rental Application package and brochures.
- Work with PPM Office on lowering the “turn-over ratio” and staying within approved budget. Move-in and Move-out Move-ins
- Assist Manager in performing Move-In Inspection and issue keys, if necessary.
- Familiarize resident with operation of all equipment and appliances.
- Instruct resident where to park, where their mailbox is located and the laundry facilities. Move-outs
- Assist Manager in performing Move-Out Inspection and obtain keys, if necessary.
- Switch out locks and adjust keys accordingly. Maintenance
- Perform all maintenance within 48-72 hours and in the most cost-effective way. (Excluding major electrical, plumbing or heating & cooling problems.)
- Obtain approval through Manager for all purchases.
- Advise PPM Office when outside help is needed (re: electricians, plumbers, HVAC).
- Leave “Door Knockers” when entering a unit.
- Work with PPM on the “Current Planned Improvements.”
- Approve all work done by outside contractors.
- Observe and learn when outside contractor services are being used.
- Record maintenance in daily Maintenance Log.
- Handle preventive maintenance work as scheduled by PPM (filter changes, smoke detectors, etc.).
Other duties as assigned.
Do you know someone matching these skill sets? Refer them today!
Apply in person at our Springdale office: