Maintenance Tech – Fayetteville
Safety Sensitive: Unknown
- Organizing the making ready of all apartments for occupancy within a three (3) day turnaround.
- Work with Manager on Inspection of unit to determine maintenance and painting required to bring unit to rental condition.
- Painting and touch-ups
- Inspect and approve work performed from carpet cleaning company.
- Manager and/or Maintenance Personnel will check vacant apartments for vandalism, cleanliness and maintenance problems twice a week (more often in cold weather). Will freshen up if required.
- Be willing show vacant apartments at all times (in Managers absence).
- Hand out Rental Application package and brochures.
- Work with office on lowering the “turn-over ratio” and staying within approved budget.
- Assist Manager in performing Move-In Inspection and issue keys, if necessary.
- Familiarize resident with operation of all equipment and appliances.
- Instruct resident where to park, where their mailbox is located and the laundry facilities.
- Assist Manager in performing Move-Out Inspection and obtain keys, if necessary.
- Switch out locks and adjust keys accordingly.
- Perform all maintenance within 48-72 hours and in the most cost-effective way. (Excluding major electrical, plumbing or heating & cooling problems.)
- Obtain approval through Manager for all purchases.
- Advise office when outside help is needed (re: electricians, plumbers, HVAC).
- Leave “Door Knockers” when entering a unit.
- Work with office on the “Current Planned Improvements.”
- Approve all work done by outside contractors.
- Observe and learn when outside contractor services are being used.
- Walk the grounds daily.
- Raise and lower the flag daily (weather permitting), familiarize yourself with The Flag Code insert in the S.O.P.
- Clean common areas and check overall condition of the property.
- Keep grounds, sidewalks and parking lot swept, clean of rocks, trash and cigarette butts.
- Perform pruning and trimming of shrubs (in season). Rid and treat shrubs for bag worms in May.
- Keep landscaped areas weeded and free of leaves and debris on a regular basis.
- Arrange mowing with lawn care vendor 3-4 days in advance. Oversee mowing and weed-eating and approve work. (Must walk grounds before and after mowing.)
- Keep oil spots cleaned up in parking area – (work with resident when they are responsible).
- Keep limbs picked up off the lawns (walk grounds after storms).
- Water grounds, shrubs and fertilize as necessary.
- Rake leaves as necessary. Arrange one (1) major leaf raking and oversee – usually late fall.
- Twice a month, inspect all outside lights (at dark) and replace bulbs as needed and clean out bugs.
- Remove snow/ice on sidewalks as instructed. Make arrangements for help in the parking lots. (Spread sand/ice melt sparingly as to not damage sidewalks).
- Record grounds care in daily Maintenance Log.
Do you know someone matching these skill sets? Refer them today and you both will get $50 with 1st Employment Rewards!
Apply in person at our Fayetteville office: