Job Title: Machine Operator
Location: Siloam Springs
Starting Pay: $13/hr
Temp to Perm
This job has been classified by our client as Safety Sensitive according to state law guidelines and drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluation may be required as a condition of employment.
Tends fabricating machines such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, spinning machines, and punch; that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
- Examine completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
- Load workpieces, materials, or chemical solutions into machines.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, weld, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or other material.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Scribe reference lines on workpieces as guides for cutting operations, according to blueprints, templates, sample parts, or specifications.
- Set blade tensions, heights, and angles to perform prescribed cuts, using wrenches.
- Adjust ram strokes of presses to specified lengths, using hand tools.
- Place workpieces on cutting tables, manually or using hoists, cranes, or sledges.
- Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpieces, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Lubricate workpieces with oil.
- Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools.
- Mark identifying data on workpieces.
- Turn controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates, or table angles for specified operations.
- Plan sequences of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of workpiece materials.
- Hand-form, cut, or finish workpieces, using tools such as table saws, hand sledges, or anvils.
- Grind out burrs or sharp edges, using portable grinders, speed lathes, or polishing jacks.
- Sharpen dulled blades, using bench grinders, abrasive wheels, or lathes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Siloam Springs