Job title: Loading/Unloading
Schedule: 7:30am -5pm
This position is responsible for performing offsite residential and commercial work, help with residential and commercial moves, prepare & protect customer’s belongs for transportation to another destination and help with warehouse duties as needed.
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
- Wraps furniture with blankets, shrink wrap and cartons to prevent damage.
- Wraps dishes and fragile items in packing paper and packs them into containers.
- Pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
- Delivers and stacks shipment on customer’s premises
- Assists in cleaning truck, tools, and equipment
- Collects or picks up empty containers, packing materials
- Must know, use, and follow all company safety regulations (training will be provided)
- Must have knowledge of furniture and equipment handling industry-accepted procedures (training will be provided)
- Must know and use generally accepted industry practices; employee is responsible for punching in & out daily & must follow company policies, including meal & breaks rules according to Arkansas laws and company policy about time off & attendance.
- Works well in a team environment, maintain a good attitude
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Must be self-motivated & detailed orientated
- Arrive promptly for assigned work time
- Present a neat & clean appearance
These physical activities are essential to the job occasionally to frequently. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, climbing, balancing, stooping/bending, reaching, handling and feeling.
- Stamina to lift & load heavy items repeatedly (up to 50 lbs. alone/150 lbs. with a helper)
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Required to work outside in either hot or cold climate for extended periods of time
- May be required to work additional hours/overtime/ overnight / weekend when necessary to complete a task and/or move
Often times, a very busy atmosphere with loading and unloading of trucks, either manually or with the use of a forklift and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. You will be required to wear a company uniform while on duty & appropriate work boots or shoes.
- High school Level or GED, able to read, write & speak English