We are currently seeking a hands-on IT Administrator at our Decatur, AR manufacturing plant. In this position, you will report to the Plant Controller and work very closely with the IT organization at the corporate headquarters in Tewksbury, MA. As the primary IT support resource at the plant, you will be responsible for hardware, networking, telecom and business application on-site support. You will lead a variety of Plant related technology initiatives as well as provide on-site business reporting support. The candidate must have the ability to interact effectively with all business end users, grasp both technical and business needs quickly and possess outstanding customer service skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage windows workstations and servers – including but not limited to imaging computers, anti-virus support and Office 365 management
- Manage technology vendors – identifying new vendors, obtaining quotes, negotiating rates and coordinating work
- Manage plant and office wireless networks, identifying potential issues, fixing current issues and conducting general maintenance
- Manage mobile device management systems to support production including but not limited to iPads, scan guns, printers, etc.
- Provide tier 1 to tier 3 helpdesk support for users on-site
- Work closely with Corporate IT team to complete organization-wide IT initiatives
- Work closely with all departments at the plant to ensure technology systems are providing proper support for production and maintenance
- Manage IT-related projects for the Decatur site from proposal to deployment
- Provide after-hours IT support as needed
- Follow and hold others accountable for following all company Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completes safety system documentation and verifies compliance to program standards. Reports deviations to Supervisor.
- Participates in mandatory safety trainings and adheres to all safety policies
- Required to report all safety issues, near misses, and injuries
Quality & Food Safety:
- Completes quality & food safety system documentation and verifies compliance to program standards. Reports deviations to Supervisor.
- Participates in mandatory food safety and quality training program requirements
- Preserves the integrity of the BRC system through adherence to the policies and procedures outlined. Takes actions necessary to resolve food safety and quality system deficiencies
- Required to report food safety and quality system failures and take actions necessary to preserve the BRC system.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an independent IT role being the only support for the location
- At least 2 years’ experience managing windows work stations and servers
- At least 1 year of experience deploying and managing Microsoft Office upgrades
- Previous IT experience within manufacturing environment
- Previous experience adding structure to an unstructured, chaotic environment
- Experience with the administration of MDM systems
- Previous experience working with and being part of a remote team
- Experience managing IT vendors
- Experience in a customer support environment
- Some experience with HP routers and switches preferred
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices