Inventory Control Manager
MANAGES TEAM TO ENSURE OPTIMAL INVENTORY EXECUTION AND EFFECTIVENESS
By building a team with the requisite skills that can achieve the following:
- Lead and participate in business activities that will achieve both the tactical and strategic goals.
- Ensuring talent level, professional training, and growth opportunities are ingrained into the everyday operating structure.
- Effectively assessing future skill requirements and providing detailed plans/solutions of how these will be addressed.
- Utilizing best practices, processes and procedures concurrent with company’s guidelines.
- Individual will provide analysis and solutions that will continually drive improvement with respect to purchasing, consumption, material replenishment parameters, inventory actual versus forecast, and cycle counts.
- Adopts lean practices through KANBAN, VMI, etc; lead the identification of excessive and obsolete inventory items; partnering with manufacturing, quality, and finance personnel to develop and maintain disposition actions.
- Implements and drives the on-going functionality of the Syteline system, forecasting inventory through the SIOP process and lead inventory/planning meetings to assure the proper plan is driving MRP.
- Works cross-functionally with all business partners to ensure compliance with all business practices and KPI’s while continually advocating and implementing business practices that will drive world-class inventory systems. This will also include the annual execution of the physical inventory reconciliation.
- Ensures the accurate recording (receiving and stocking) with respect to quality, quantity, type, etc. of inventory so company has clear visibility of availability of parts and items.
- Will partner with the procurement team this individual will ensure the organization has the right amount of stock to meet customer needs and also avoids overstocking items.
- Effectively communicates with Finance, Purchasing and Operations to ensure accurate payments of invoices, proper supply orders, and obtainment of production goals to meet customer demand.
- Maintains environmental company standards by adhering to company ISO processes and the organization’s safety, quality, environmental standards and policies. By supporting the Quality initiatives in the management of PPAP and non-conformances wherever supplier performance is involved. Lead root cause, corrective and preventative action implementation for said issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business, management or similar discipline.
- Effective leadership skills to drive team to accomplish organization goals and lead culture change within facilities.
- Possess critical thinking skills as the position requires ability to conceive new ideas and concepts then develop into a plan of action.
- Possess organizational skills to ensure schedule attainment by direct reports and inventories to achieve efficiency in work delivery.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output.
- Working knowledge of ERP system, Syteline preferred. Must be computer literate and have experience with MS products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Demonstrate analytical skills to prioritize several contending issues and make sound logical decisions.
- Demonstrate logistical skills to track movement of supplies from supplier to warehouse/storage locations.
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and maintain professional forward thinking resolve towards work.
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Professional Division