Industrial Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Fayetteville, AR $130-150K
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of engineering projects that improve the manufacturing methods, operations, and processes enabling the efficient manufacturing of products, reducing manufacturing costs, improving the quality of existing products, increase distribution throughput and productivity while driving safety performance. Partners with Operations, Design Engineering, and Automation Engineering.
• Responsible for aligning Manufacturing Engineering team, processes, measurements, standards, and efforts with the primary focus areas of safety, delivery, quality, and cost.
• Uses a strong analytical approach to problem-solving and create cost effective solutions.
• Oversees installation, process improvement projects including productivity and technology improvements.
• Completes all project assignments within established scope, budget, and schedule.
• Uses critical thinking and problem-solving skills to drive operational excellence.
We are looking for:
• Floor time… 80% of day will be on the factory floor understanding problems and driving results, real-time.
• Forward-thinker… able to quickly develop a holistic understanding of problems to develop innovative solutions.
• Ownership… accountable for creating a business plan and taking responsibility of assignments, activities and resolving business pain points.
• Value engineering… seek out optimal value through short-term and long-term solutions.
• Organization… coordinate and communicate information, ideas, expectations that may contain technical material.
• Documentation… create requirements, standard operating procedures, work instructions, that are easy reference and update.
• Prioritize… ability to organize, own, and drive multiple, and at times competing priorities to realize results, raise the bar.
• Influential… evaluating complex decisions and process improvements, educate and motivate others to gain alignment through effective storytelling.
• Becoming an invaluable strategic partner by working across various internal teams, discuss business performance, identify opportunities improvement, and collaborate on solutions.
• Providing data-driven insights to influence the deployment of business strategies, and impact business decisions.
• Establish scorecards and KPI reporting that represent mutually defined annual goals, drives throughput and productivity performance. Maintain engineering standards.
• Communicating effectively to achieve leadership support and influence cross-functional stakeholders to understand the Value Stream and how your projects impact this.
• Partnering with supply chain teams on development of new tools and processes to further enhance operational efficiencies and deliver on-time and in-full for the customer.
• Ensure the right tooling, equipment, and processes are compatible with the entire value stream. Modern work cell development.
• Work cell and methods optimization, design equipment, people, and processes to improve throughput and productivity.
• Promoting and supporting company mission, values, & standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, required.
• 5+ years’ hands on & relevant experience with automated manufacturing equipment and processes.
• Leadership experience with a sizeable Manufacturing Engineering team.
• Willing to “roll up sleeves and do what needs to get done” to consistently deliver results.
• Ability to navigate ambiguous situations, influence peers and drive execution.
5 W Mountain Street
Fayetteville, AR 72701
**Application Online Only**
1st Employment is an
Equal Opportunity Employer