Human Resource Manager
The HR Manager supports the manufacturing site, as well as any functional and/or corporate employees associated with the site. This role supports the Director of HR in executing against all aspects of the organization’s growth, development and daily situations needing HR guidance.
- Help to develop and fully execute key HR initiatives that support the company’s vision and objectives.
- Guide leaders and employees regarding company policies, values, HR program administration (benefits, pay and salary) and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are executed consistently across the site.
- Diagnose organization issues, help to develop solutions and implement action plans with guidance from the Director of HR.
- Ensure activities are in compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Partner with leadership teams on performance management assessment and talent review to develop pipeline and succession plans.
- When needed, execute staffing strategies for exempt/non-exempt hiring needs. Partner with employees and agencies to ensure ongoing outreach activities where needed for a strategic advantage.
- Work with HR team to create and execute site-level strategies to support a high performing organization and positive culture.
- Work with Director to regularly examine compensation and internal equity; propose growth opportunities for employees to plant leaders to drive internal mobility and retention.
- Get involved in challenging projects, seeking out opportunities to automate and enhance employee self-service, while keeping employee experience as the utmost priority.
- Coach and consult on employee relations matters as well as management issues.
- Be accessible to answer employee questions and to provide advice to managers as well as employees.
- Help to develop and mentor the HR team.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor degree
- 10+ years of relevant HR experience; manufacturing experience is desirable
- Experience with most or all of the core aspects of Human Resource Management (employee relations, staffing, performance management, leadership development, coaching and training – exposure to labor relations is a plus)
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Strong communication skills; can effectively present to all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand the business from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- Previous talent management and organizational planning experience
- Demonstrable ability to influence decision-making with leaders and business partners
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations-Solid expertise in developing solutions based upon facts/data analytics
- Consultative style and approach with ability to develop credible relationships with business partners
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- Have the adaptability and resilience to balance both short-term and long-term priorities
- Experience with HR Information Systems and MS Office Suite required
- Sense of humor and positive energy
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Professional Division