The HR Generalist will support the HR department in any way needed by administering employee benefits, providing information, maintaining records, preparing documents, overseeing the wellness program & initiatives; assisting with personnel staffing needs for all departments, maintaining training records and associated documents; onboarding of new employees and assisting with affirmative action requirements.
RECRUITS EMPLOYEES FOR ASSIGNMENTS
- By updating internal open positions listings and external classified job advertisements; working with agencies and schools in the recruitment effort;
- Interviewing candidates for open positions
- Counseling managers/supervisors on candidate selection
- Scheduling pre-employment testing; mailing welcome package to employee ensuring all confidentiality and non-compete agreements are signed by designated office personnel
- Sending out termination/new hire information to staff and conducting and analyzing exit interviews, as needed.
PREPARES EMPLOYEES FOR ASSIGNMENTS
- By scheduling new employee orientation; working with manager/supervisors on developing an orientation schedule for all office personnel
- Coordinating with manager/supervisor in assigning a buddy/trainer
- Conducting new employee orientation to include plant tours
- Sending out 90-day review notifications to hiring managers
- Hold timely orientation programs for new hires
EXPEDITES DELIVERY OF BENEFITS
- By establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers
- By tracking and maintaining files on all employees on Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Send out paperwork for FMLA within 2 days of becoming aware of situation
- Review responsibility of employee, with employee
MAINTAINS BENEFIT RECORDS
- By maintaining recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes
- Maintain HRB system for benefit accuracy for payroll deductions and total comp statements
- Spearhead enrollment by gathering and distributing information and deadlines to employees and scheduling informational meetings for employees.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
- Must have Associate’s Degree or equivalent job experience
- Must have minimum 3 years HR experience in manufacturing industry
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word, Access, and Excel.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to manage several projects simultaneously and within time and budget constraints.
- Must know how to operate office equipment.
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Professional Division