The 1st Employment Professional Placement Division is seeking a plant manager in Indianapolis, IN.
Pay: $60,000 – $70,000/Year
Summary of Position:
The General/Plant Manager is responsible for directing and managing daily plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality, safety and other production related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and incorporates ‘safety’ as a culture and a strategy in all aspects of the plant and demands focused safety results and quality results from the entire organization.
- Delivers strong financial results, sets the vision for the warehouse, involves and engages internal/external customers in this vision.
- Leads and manages the warehouse in achieving and sustaining improving performance and profits.
- Manages the day-to-day warehouse technical organization and is responsible to deliver maximum equipment/system uptime through the application of lean concepts and tools
- Communicates positively the business processes, vision and strategy to all employees and will be seen and act as a leader locally.
- Implements corporate rules of action, directives, strategies and philosophies and ensures adherence to the warehouse level.
- Develops, mentors and trains direct reports and oversees these activities conducted by the direct reports.
- Review production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of the warehouse.
- Develops and deploys overall plant technical strategies and tactics focused on operations, safety, energy usage, engineering projects, maintenance and warehouse improvements that improve the warehouse performance.
- Uses experiences to optimize equipment and processes to reduce cost, maximize asset utilization and increase warehouse capacity.
- Evaluates, investigates, implements and executes Predictive and Preventative Maintenance Programs.
- Maintains programs and policies to ensure a highly effective and motivated workforce.
- Participates in preparation of the operation budget and is responsible for operation of the warehouse within the budget.
- Recommends capital budgets to management.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Participates in the creation, approval and leads the implementation of warehouse related projects.
- Responsible for all facets of project management.
- Bachelor Degree (Business)
- Previous experience required
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to manage a crew in a high volume area.
- Ability to work independently, strong organizational skills and adaptable to changing assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform as a team member in a group environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word preferred.