Front Office CSR
Mon-Fri Approx 20 hours per week
A local office is seeking candidates with strong administrative and communication skills. Position duties will include:
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other city employees (especially members of their own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Greet, interact with and effectively respond to questions from internal and external customers and the general public, both in person and over the telephone. Responses may require gathering building permit information, calculating user and impact fees, researching development and permit projects, and providing the information in a user-friendly format such as a chart, report or spreadsheet.
- Have a thorough understanding of the permitting processes relative to planning, engineering, building safety and business licenses and be able to convey this information effectively to customers.
- Maintain comprehensive files, reports and control logs which meet established standard policy requirements and procedures.
- Process business licenses, permit applications, and calculate permit fees.
- Exhibit excellent customer service while assisting customers to set up new water and sewer taps, obtain and pay for permits, licenses and certificates of occupancy.
- Exercise good judgment when utilizing the position’s authority and discretion to issue Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing permits to contractors.
- Proactively assist front office staff when work volume is high and participate in code enforcement efforts.
- Receipt in, monitor, and reconcile monies (cash, bonds and letters of credit) from various sources.
- Regularly monitor the departmental website and add weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual updates as needed. Coordinate social media responses with senior staff in accordance with City policies, when appropriate.
- Research and respond to difficult customer problems and complaints. Provide solutions to issues identified to senior staff members.
- Perform filing and scanning functions in an accurate manner, for archiving within the document management system.
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Professional Division