Job Title: Poultry Farm Workers
Pay Rate: $15.45
Job City: Rose, OK
This job has been classified by our client as Safety Sensitive according to state law guidelines and drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluation may be required as a condition of employment.
Detailed Job Description:
Schedule: Monday through Friday, including holidays.
Hours: 7:00 am until 3:00 pm or 6:20am-2:20pm
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
- Candidates must reside within the current recruitment area to include the following counties: In Arkansas – Benton County; In Oklahoma – Adair, Cherokee, Craig, Delaware or Mayes County.
- Candidates with agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Starting Wage: $15.45
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
Competitive benefits, including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Educational Assistance Program (including GED assistance, Citizenship assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement)
- Referral incentives
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- This position is responsible for power washing, cleaning & disinfecting poultry houses; removing used litter from poultry houses; assisting with bird movement as needed; placing new shavings in poultry houses; bush hogging /or mowing around poultry houses; maintaining & cleaning farm equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove used litter from houses; clean & disinfect poultry houses & all equipment (including vehicles/tractors) utilizing commercial pressure washer on wet/slick floor; place new shavings in houses following cleaning (70%)
- Move birds as required to laying/ Pedigree houses or live haul loading area. Ensuring all wing bands have been removed for load outs for birds’ leaving the farm. (10%)
- Maintains tractors, pressure washers, litter truck, trailers, & mechanical equipment while providing all weekly & maintenance safety checks. (10%)
- Other duties, responsibilities, & activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Properly euthanize selected or weak/ill birds in accordance with company policy. (10%)
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements:
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear are provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift &/or move, up to 50 pounds to move items such as partitions, cages, bird coops; tools, such as pallet jack, may be required to occasionally lift &/or move up to 2000 pounds such as skids of supplies, shavings, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand majority of shift (concrete floor); walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects & controls; reach with hands & arms; balance; climbing/ladder usage; stoop/bend up to 1000 times per day; talk or hear; drive a vehicle within the farm complex; proficiently operate trailer/tractor/skidsteer.. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; & the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment: tractors, litter truck, commercial pressure washer, skid steer, trailers.
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces & also in hot, dry, dusty, wet & cold environments. Must maintain a high level of situational awareness while working around equipment and livestock.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety goggles, safety glasses, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, hearing protection & company issued footwear are required. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators may be worn as needed.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Must be willing to use chemicals such as Synergize, Virocid, bleach, Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, barn soap, Lysol and ect.
- Safety: Team member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. Team member is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 1, 2021 for Corporate based team members and by November 1, 2021 for Plant and Warehousing based team members.
During the current Pandemic (2020), all Team Members will be required to wear company issued facial coverings. Training will be provided to each Team Member specific to their job and their facility location in addition to signing an acknowledgement form they understand these expectations.
It is considered an essential function of each job for a Team Member to wear the company issued facial coverings. If a Team Member indicates they will not wear the mask, they will not be considered for the position in which they are applying or any position that requires the facial covering. If a Team Member has a medical condition or disability that prevents them from wearing the mask, Cobb will engage in an interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided that addresses the safety concerns associated with the Pandemic and allow the Team Member to perform the essential functions of the job.