Position Description Reads blue prints and specifications and communicates with general contractor to estimate costs and prepare bid for a construction project.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blue prints and specifications to understand project needs
- Communicate with suppliers and manufacturers to check product availability, cost, and lead time
- Send off quote requests to suppliers to gather accurate cost information
- Use price books to pull together cost of products
- Communicate with contractors and architects to ask questions about the project to ensure bid accuracy
- Learn about new products to stay up to date on the most recent offerings
- Ensure that estimated project meets codes
- Put together all cost information to prepare a bid to the contractor and then submit the bid to the contractor
- Handle any follow-up questions from the contractor and adjust bid as needed
**Position includes full benefit package
Do you know someone matching these skill sets? Refer them today and you both will get $50 with 1st Employment Rewards!
Apply in person at our Professional Placement Division: