This position supports all product engineering related activities for several business units and manages day to day operations of the engineering team.
- Ensure all new products as well as all existing products are IPEMA certified and meet the regulations of ASTM, CPSC, CSA, and EN 1176.
- Lead and coach engineering team to assess manufacturing challenges and implement innovative process solutions in ongoing production and new product releases.
- Create and meet departmental strategic plans and tactics that align with corporate goals, while managing a multi-million-dollar annual departmental budget.
- Evaluate the use of existing and future technology in producing reliable parts, participate in continuous improvement relating to quality assurance, cost reduction, make/buy, and effective manufacturing solutions.
- Champion Design for Manufacture (DFM) practices through both new product introductions and LEAN / Six Sigma based improvements to current processes and products.
- Develop capital equipment justifications, evaluate options, select, procure, prove out and install equipment and tooling into the manufacturing operations.
- Plan and ensure the annual re-certification of all products as an approved IPEMA manufacturing and testing facility by means of the Certification by DTL and TUV.
- When necessary, prepare and present manufacturing/fabrication capabilities of the plant to customers and/or potential customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; preferably mechanical or plastics
- Proven experience with new product development.
- Experience in rotational molding product design experience
- Experience in aluminum fab design
- 5+ years in NPD, with specific experience in NPD process documentation, new product scheduling, planning and budgeting. Experience in the playground and plastics industry strongly preferred.
- Ten (10) years in fabrication (incl. estimating/planning) of complex precision components with a minimum of two (3) years supervising engineering personnel, or equivalent.
- Proficient in Solid Works /CAD /CAM systems, typical Bills of Material, and Machining / Assembly methods. Solid understanding of manufacturing engineering and a broad understanding of contemporary processing and machining capabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge in LEAN philosophies and practiced applications in a manufacturing organization.
- Thinks Big and Acts Boldly
- Brings broad and unique perspectives/ideas to situations, breaking paradigms and envisioning a world of possibilities. Creates an environment where new ideas thrive. Encourages break-through thinking. Focuses on the end goal and effectively sets ambitious goals for self (and others). Takes risks and stands alone for an idea or point of view that will help the company achieve success.
- Mobilizes and Empowers People
- Motivates and engages others to achieve high performance. Contributes to (Creates) an environment where people want to do their best, have a sense of purpose, and rally together to achieve success. Leverages the skills and experiences of individuals and teams. (Provides challenging work and assignments. Effectively deploys team members to best utilize their skills and provide development. Delegates and pushes decision making deeper into the organization.)
- Market Focus/External Orientation
- Intentionally and actively scans the market to gain insights to market trends and competitive information. Aggressively pursues an understanding of competitors, Shows a desire to compete and win. Effectively translates insights into opportunities. Demonstrates curiosity and dedication to understanding the customer by uncovering needs and exploring innovative solutions to problems. Acts with the customer in mind and influences others to do the same. Continuously reinforces the importance of the customer to the broader organization.
- Builds Organizational Capability
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of how the organization works and what must be done to sustain results. Seeks ways to leverage different parts of the organization to optimize performance. Initiates improvements or creates systems, processes, (and structures) to effectively deliver on our plans. (Relies on these processes to place the right people in the right jobs)
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Professional Division