Seeking experienced machinist for a local machine shop
Schedule: Monday – Friday 1st shift and 2nd shifts available
Pay Rate: $13-14.50/hour
This job has been classified by our client as Safety Sensitive according to state law guidelines and drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluation may be required as a condition of employment.
Job Description: Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Candidate may also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Operate various machine shop equipment required to produce close-tolerance machined parts to specifications with general supervision
- Efficiently true-up (set-up) assigned machine(s) with less supervision
- Read inside, outside micrometers and other types of precision measuring equipment
- Identify parts needing to be machined and/or by using sketches, drawing, and/or blueprints
- Select and set-up the proper tools and machine for each job
- Show proficiency in using controls on CNC machine if CNC is used in assigned shop
- Assist in troubleshooting and making repairs to production fixtures and machinery
- Work effectively under time-sensitive deadlines
- Read, write and speak English and/or fully understand daily work instructions (work orders, manuals, etc.)
- Follow all health and safety procedures
- Working knowledge of machine shop equipment
Minimum Education and Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Typically 3+ years related machine shop experience
- CNC experience is a plus
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Rogers