- Responsible for delivery of building and lumber supplies to various construction sites, homes, or other customer locations.
- Load and unload truck in a safe, careful manner to ensure zero damage to product.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds, driving about 35% of the time and assisting in the warehouse 65% of the time.
- Responsible for the inspection of the vehicle on a daily basis and completion of vehicle inspection report. Responsibilities:
- Arranges each delivery route with the yard supervisor prior to beginning daily deliveries.
- Ensures proper signatures for receipt and payment, when necessary, are received when making deliveries, contacting the home base for confirmation of C.O.D. collection, check, and/or cash amount if applicable.
- Responsible to report any vehicle accident, which occurs in a thorough and timely manner. Vehicle accident report forms must be completed with a supervisor and turned in to personnel.
- Must have a team player attitude and build a good relationship with helper.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ensures and requires conformance with company safety policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as may be required by management. Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and DOT certification
- Current Clean driving record
- Knowledge of building material and millwork products (helpful)
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent