Bilingual (Spanish) Administrative Assistant
Performs a variety of tasks related to the admission and occupancy of Public low-income units. Responsible for the Agency receiving at least a satisfactory rating concerning HUD agency scoring systems such as Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) and other future HUD required evaluation systems. The duties listed below illustrate the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements regarding duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment in association with this position.
Undertakes and performs the following and all other work-related duties as assigned.
- Answers inquiries concerning policies and practices associated with the application and/or re-examination processes in a courteous and professional manner.
- Coordinates background information checks of tenants to be recertified. Performs final eligibility verifications.
- Based on information and Waiting List data, contacts eligible applicants to offer available units in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Prepares lease-up packets and briefs new tenants on occupancy and lease requirements.
- Reviews lease documents for accuracy and completeness and execute leases.
- Assists in preparation and distribution of notices of rent violations and assists Assistant Director with lease enforcement.
- Prepares/completes Form HUD-50058 in an accurate and timely manner and sends to the Assistant Director for quality control review prior to timely electronic submission to the PIC system.
- Collects and reviews re-certification information, evaluates, verifies, and calculates information and rent for recertification and move-in. Explains rent calculation to tenants and assists with completion of recertification materials, as necessary. Prepares and sends appropriate notices of rent adjustments in accordance with HUD regulations.
- Schedules and conducts re-examination interviews with tenants.
- Ensures proper verification methods/processing for each re-examination in accordance with HUD and Agency policies and procedures. Examines and resolves income discrepancies, as necessary.
- Reviews and discusses non-compliant tenant issues with Assistant Director to ensure clients are provided with reasonable opportunity to meet requirements to remain in compliance.
- Enters move-in and move-out data into system, as needed.
- Processes and maintains files and correspondence associated with the leasing/occupancy process.
- Maintains account information such as present rent, and coordinates other collections due, late payment notification, and reconciliation of rent and other charges collected throughout the month with appropriate personnel.
- Accurately updates the system with system notes and ensures compliance with program requirements and regulations. Reviews resident/applicant files/folders and verification forms for accuracy and completeness and accurately inputs data into computer in a timely manner.
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Professional Division