1st Employment in Springdale is seeking an Apartment Maintenance Associate for a local community.
Monday & Wednesday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-12pm
This job has been classified by our client as Safety Sensitive according to state law guidelines and drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluation may be required as a condition of employment.
You are required to be on-call for any after hour or weekend emergencies which will be compensated as overtime hours. To be paid overtime for on-call after hour or weekend emergencies the event must be verified in writing by the Property Manager.
- Assist in maintaining a monthly inventory.
- Assist in making sure cleaning supplies are available.
- Work with Manager on Inspection of unit to determine maintenance and painting required to
bring unit to rental condition.
- Painting and Cleaning
- Manager is responsible for touch-ups and complete paints.
- Follow-up with final inspection of sub-contractors work if Manager is not doing it.
- Inspect and approve work performed from carpet cleaning company.
- Monitor and advise Manager of electric disconnect in warmer weather or adjust heat in colder
- Manager and/or Maintenance Personnel will check vacant apartments for vandalism, cleanliness
and maintenance problems twice a week (more often in cold weather). Will freshen up if
- Be willing show vacant apartments at all times (in Managers absence).
- Hand out Rental Application package and brochures.
- Work with PPM Office on lowering the “turn-over ratio” and staying within approved budget.
- Assist Manager in performing Move-In Inspection and issue keys, if necessary.
- Familiarize resident with operation of all equipment and appliances.
- Instruct resident where to park, where their mailbox is located and the laundry facilities.
- Assist Manager in performing Move-Out Inspection and obtain keys, if necessary.
- Switch out locks and adjust keys accordingly.
- Perform all maintenance within 48-72 hours and in the most cost effective way. (Excluding
major electrical, plumbing or heating & cooling problems.)
- Obtain approval through Manager for all purchases.
- Advise Main Office when outside help is needed (re: electricians, plumbers, HVAC).
- Leave “Door Knockers” when entering a unit.
- Work with Main Office on the “Current Planned Improvements.”
- Approve all work done by outside contractors.
Other Duties include, but not limited to:
- Observe and learn when outside contractor services are being used.
- Record maintenance in daily Maintenance Log.
- Handle preventive maintenance work as scheduled by Main Office (filter changes, smoke detectors, etc.).
- Walk the grounds daily.
- Raise and lower the flag daily (weather permitting), familiarize yourself with The Flag Code
insert in the S.O.P.
- Clean common areas and check overall condition of the property.
- Keep grounds, sidewalks and parking lot swept, clean of rocks, trash and cigarette butts.
- Perform pruning and trimming of shrubs (in season). Rid and treat shrubs for bag worms in May.
- Keep landscaped areas weeded and free of leaves and debris on a regular basis.
- Arrange mowing with lawn care vendor 3-4 days in advance. Oversee mowing and weed-eating
and approve work. (Must walk grounds before and after mowing.)
- Keep oil spots cleaned up in parking area – (work with resident when they are responsible).
- Keep limbs picked up off the lawns (walk grounds after storms).
- Water grounds, shrubs and fertilize as necessary.
- Rake leaves as necessary. Arrange one (1) major leaf raking and oversee – usually late fall.
- Twice a month, inspect all outside lights (at dark) and replace bulbs as needed and clean out bugs.
- Remove snow/ice on sidewalks as instructed. Make arrangements for help in the parking lots.
(Spread sand/ice melt sparingly as to not damage sidewalks).
- Record grounds care in daily Maintenance Log.
- Perform a monthly inspection with Property Manager.
- Work with Main Office to stay in budget and work for the best of the property, its owners, and most important the residents.
- Put up seasonal decorations around the property.
- Office personnel will be responsible for supervising cleanliness of the OLM (Office Building).
- Check laundry room daily (lights off, air off, heat down, vandalism, etc.). Maintenance Personnel
will check laundry/OLM building daily and clean if needed. Once a week will need to perform a
- Maintenance Personnel is under the direction of the Manager, it is the responsibility of the
- Manager to schedule a plan for Preventative and General Maintenance and to assure the schedule of tasks are performed in a timely, acceptable manner. In the event the Maintenance Personal is not available, Manager will be responsible to perform maintenance requests.
Do you know someone matching these skill sets? Refer them today and you both will get $50 with 1st Employment Rewards!
Apply in person at our Springdale office: