The Accounting Coordinator will work closely with our other accountants, the CFO and operations team to handle the critical support functions for our energetic company. Principal activities include providing a variety of accounting services including but not limited to accounts payable, payroll, benefit, and general ledger.
- Perform and manage all payroll and benefits processes, including compliance reporting. Includes ensuring payroll and benefits are complete and accurate, maintaining new and terminated employees, pay and position changes, and bonus calculations. Serve as main contact for payroll-related questions and assistance.
- Perform and manage all accounts payable, including compliance reporting. Includes to evaluate, code, and enter vendor invoices critically and accurately, ensuring proper approvals are received. Also includes the reconciliation of accounts payable system to vendor statements and to the general ledger.
- Perform daily and monthly accounting procedures including, but not limited to, reconciling bank accounts, credit cards and daily deposits with the POS system. Assist with month-end closing, including the compilation of prepaid expenses and accruals, inventory reconciliation and other reconciliations/duties as assigned.
- Record journal entries such as for payroll, intercompany, employee purchases, and allocations.
- Assist with various HR tasks associated with hiring and onboarding new employees.
- Participate in the implementation of new or revised accounting and operations programs, systems, and procedures.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Offer a high level of customer service to our operations teams.
- Seek for methods to improve systems and procedures and recommend corrective action.
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED with a strong understanding of fundamental accounting. At least 6 hours of accounting classes or technical certifications, degree preferred.
- 2+ years accounting experience, including strong familiarity with accounts payable and independent payroll processing experience required.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, be flexible and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong willingness to work effectively with a team
1st Employment Rewards
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!
1st Employment – Professional Division