Apprentice CNC Laser Operator
Local mechanical contracting company seeking CNC Laser Operator
This job has been classified by our client as Safety Sensitive according to state law guidelines and drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluation may be required as a condition of employment.
Pay: $15+ DOE
A Shift – Tuesday- Friday 6am-5pm
B Shift – Saturday-Monday 6am-6pm
This position is responsible for the operation of cutting materials on the laser to meet customer quality requirements. Operators are to perform at the highest level and have a continuous improvement cultured mindset.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Everything to be cleaned daily to maintain at an immaculate level
• Ultra-low percentage of mistakes
• Operator to take ownership of machine
• Verify to see if material is available for job being cut
• Load and Unload Materials
• Maintain laser per Prima maintenance recommendation
• Grease all bearings with correct grease-ball screws use special grease
• Maintain dust collector and clean out dust cover track
• Blow out cooler filters at least 2x’s week
• Maintain a detailed maintenance log
• Change laser air filters prior to manufactures’ recommended hours
• Check tower forks and replace bent ones
• Empty laser slag drawers twice weekly and place material into recycle barrels
• Replace laser slats when they exceed useful life
• The Laser role requires certain tools. Many of the tools are company investments and some of the tools are team member investments.
• Team Member Investment: tape measure, calipers
Valid DL License
Must be 21+ for insurance purposes
Steel toed boots required
Candidates must pass a drug screen and national criminal background check.
Do you know someone who would be an excellent match for this position? Refer them and you both get $50! Refer someone today and get rewarded!