Inspect quality of Fabrication shop production components and processes
High School diploma or GED
Desire to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
Ability to operate personal computer
Have the ability to communicate effectively (written and orally) in English
Be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and work well with others
Be firm and assertive but professional in conduct
Must be meticulous with great attention to detail
Possess effective time management and prioritization skills
Have excellent documentation and organizational skills
Able to handle multiple demands and tasks under stress
Must have a positive, adaptable attitude
Able to respond to changing priorities
Have the ability to use, read, and understand micrometers, calipers, tape measures and other handheld measurement devices
Ability to operate miscellaneous hand tools and mechanical equipment
Have the ability to read and understand basic engineering drawings
Must be able to lift 50lbs to chest height
Minimum 1 year experience working in manufacturing preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Must follow the direction given by Quality Management for daily tasks.
2. Work independently with little or no supervision.
3. Audit Fab shop production processes.
4. Evaluate Fab shop production components.
5. Support incoming inspection efforts by inspecting and testing sourced components as required
6. Document all data and findings on the appropriate form or database
7. Take corrective / preventative measures when a nonconformance is discovered
8. Communicate effectively with personnel from other departments when a nonconformance is discovered.
9. Effectively communicate inspection findings with other departments
10. Elevate any issues or concerns to Quality management in a timely fashion.
11. Complete special assignments as required.
12. Compile data and issue various reports as required.
13. Cross train in hose and machine production inspection duties.
1. Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
2. Initiate and maintain proper and necessary safety equipment as prescribed by law.
3. Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
4. Follow established safety procedures and techniques and perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
5. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
Other Duties as Assigned
1. Other duties could include working in other areas to provide support during absences or shortage of staff.
1. No supervisor responsibilities required.
1. Micrometer, caliper, gages, personal computer, other handheld electronic test instruments
2. Normal mechanical hand tools
1. More than moderate walking, standing, and/or climbing; heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside; work around machinery with moving parts; work around moving objects or vehicles; exposure to heat, cold, dampness, and humidity; exposure to slippery and uneven surfaces.
1st and 2nd shifts available
1st Employment EOE
Job ID 34832